Thousand Miles...

Photo By: Nina Cuento

My first time to travel alone was when I was 16 years old. My family and I were living back then in Nueva Ecija, which is 4 to 5 hour drive from Manila. Funny though, because the reason for my trip wasn’t for a vacation or tour. Instead, I was tasked to get supplies from Manila for our hardware store. But despite of fear and difficulty, I enjoyed it and was able to get home safely. It was good experience and memory where I realized the beauty of travelling alone and the delight of discovering new places. After that trip, I said to myself, “I will do that again”!


Photo By: Nina Cuento


10 years after, I’m happy that my list of new places I have been to became longer. Those trips became more special for I was with my friends and other special people in my life. Right now, I am excited and looking forward for more and farther places to visit. 


Travelling gives me a different feeling of enjoyment and freedom. It also gives me a wonderful chance to know myself more and be closer to God especially on nature trips. I feel like, every time I’m closer to nature, I become closer to him.  You can relate more with me if you see the movie “Eat, Pray, Love” by Julia Roberts which I really love. :)


Join me as I explore new spots within and outside the Metro, taste its local delicacies, join in festivities, experience new adventures, learn new culture and meet new people. See yah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment